Pro Bowl - getting there

Landed at noon and grabbed a taxi. Airport to Aloha Stadium is like 2 whole miles. The first mile on HI 1 was no problem. As soon as we exited the highway - Bam! Gridlock. Enough that it made the news for shutting down the city.

Lucky for us our cabby Kenny Lao from Hong Kong was not capable of being quiet for 2 seconds. What do you want to know about his life? Go ahead, we can answer.

I looked up the address of the stadium and Kenny punched that into his GPS. He pulled out into the turn lane, bypassed about 50 cars and then jumped back into line. He then took a side street and got us to within about a block of the entrance. $40 and an hour later, we got out.

We walked past about 45,000 tailgaters and into gate 5. Oh, backpacks are not allowed. Have to put everything in a clear bag. Oh, we're all out of clear bags. Go put it in your car. What? Your car is on Maui. Too bad. I guess we should have read the rules...

I emptied my contents into Sandy's purse and my pockets. I walked up to a local cop and told him that my MaxPedition satchel was not allowed in the stadium. He said that's right. I said that all I could do was to gift it to him. His two buddies were quite envious. Then one of them said, isn't your hat illegal too - meaning that I should give it to him. I offered. He laughed and said he was just joking.

Back through security without my satchel. Got a chili dog and ate it under a wine canopy to keep out of the rain that was now falling.

Bought a program, t shirt, and polo. Entered to our seats at 2.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii

Comments

  1. Is this like trying to take your pocket knife through security? I'm beginning to think you are jinxed when it comes to taking things places. Try not to lose your luggage tag this time too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cancun Day 2 - Sunday, March 10

Retirement Party Cancun 2024 - Day 1

Cancun Day 3 - Monday March 11