Cancun Day 3 - Sunday 27 NOV 2016

We called it quits last night at 10:15 pm.  We rolled out at 8:45 am.  Pretty good sleepy time.

We hit the pool deck, had lunch, and then relocated to the sun deck later in the day.  Today was the picnic, so we avoided the sun deck for that time.

It was a bit more breezy today, but only up to about 10 mph.  It reached 84 F today.  Mostly sunny.  Hardly a sprinkle.

We walked next door to the traditional Mayan dinner outside.  We took pictures of the corn chowder for the girls.  There was a crocodile there sunning herself.

We walked back to the hotel and had some key lime pie.  Back in the room now, watching the football games.  Rough, rough day.

I do not recall sharing my adventure in the ocean yesterday.  I went out to the beach, walked past the volleyball court, and laid my shirt & sunglasses on the chair closest to the court.  Then I went in.  The water got really deep really fast, as in like 10' from shore it was over my head.  I swam a bit and then hit the "island" out in front of the hotel N of ours.  There, you could walk out 50 yards or more and the water was ankle deep.  Some nice waves.  After getting trashed by some waves, I came back in.  I walked up next to the volleyball court and there was no shirt.  I asked the lady sitting nearby, and she had seen nothing.  Damn - that would be the first time ever we have had something come up "lost" in Cancun.  Glad it was just a shirt and glasses.  And then I looked up and noticed I was not even at our hotel.  So I walked back down to our hotel - and low and behold, there's my stuff!

So today, I just left my gear at the chair on the sun deck.  Live and learn.

Smoked Corn Chowder.
Sent this pic to Kathy and Shelby, just to rub it in!


Salt-water crocodile near the lagoon next door.

Sandy enjoying Key Lime Pie downstairs.

Sun setting over the lagoon in Cancun, MX on Sunday 27 NOV 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancun Day 2 - Sunday, March 10

Retirement Party Cancun 2024 - Day 1

Cancun Day 3 - Monday March 11