Cancun Day 6 - Wed 30 NOV

So we both got some better rest last night.  We rolled at 10 and hit the pool, which quickly turned to the sun deck to avoid loud neighbors and smoke.  We had lunch at the restaurant next to the pool, the Trade Winds.  I finally felt like eating, but just a little.

Sandy returned to the sun deck while I stayed in the room and finished a book.  The maid arrived and I met Sandy on the sun deck.  As I was walking around, an older lady asked what I thought about the "ship" we've been seeing offshore each day.  I told her that I suspected that it was military - and she replied that she knew it was because a friend was deep sea fishing yesterday and was stopped by said ship.  She said it had guns and the friend was "held captive" for 45 minutes while they searched the fishing boat and checked their story.  She said it worried her.  I told her that it should make her more comfortable - as the target is being hardened.  She then asked about the planes.  I told her that I thought they were NOT military, although I could be wrong.  Why?  Because these are P40's.  The exact model, I do not know, but for certain I have seen two different P40's flying by the beach most every day.  Maybe they belong to a collector?  Is Mexico really using P40's in their Air Force?  I can guarantee that these are P40's.

Been seeing TWO of these fine aircraft flying by the beach each day in Cancun.
What a sight!


We came back up and took showers before heading to La Distilleria for a steak dinner.  Here was our view during our evening...

Balcony view.  Sitting OVER the lagoon at La Distilleria, Cancun, MX

And then, as we entered our suite room, I turned around and took a photo of the city of Cancun from the 9th floor of our hotel...

Looking back across the lagoon at downtown Cancun, MX.

We both had the flambe steaks - which were excellent - and I was ready for a dang steak.  I think the cleansing has subsided.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancun Day 2 - Sunday, March 10

Retirement Party Cancun 2024 - Day 1

Cancun Day 3 - Monday March 11