Cancun Day 4 - Tuesday 20 MAR

So the best theory we can come up with is that Sandy's new medication is making her more sensitive to sunlight - as she is redder than she should be on Day 4.  So this morning, we took some time off from Big Red (aka the Sun) and sat inside.  We had a Noon appointment with our Vacation Club, trying to figure out how to utilize our two free weeks.

Following our appointment, where we got a free t-shirt and make-up bag and the contact information for our two weeks, we headed off to lunch about 12:40.  We ate here at the hotel and didn't even have to ask for drinks - they knew what we wanted. 

Then we came back to the room to slather on the sunscreen and hit the sun deck here at the hotel.  We lasted until about 3:30.  We returned to the room and showered.  Sandy read while I took a little napper.  Normally, I would have slept on the sun deck, but we retired early, before I could nod off.

We did a FaceTime call with Will - which is like a roller coaster ride.  The little guy takes the phone and runs around to show you everything.  Thankfully, Kathy narrated the "ride."  I needed Dramamine when the call ended. He did ask for a Purple Shark from Cancun.  Well, good luck to us finding that!

We walked about a mile North to eat a Puerto Mudero - a steak house.  One fantastic meal.  I drank several Cap't Morgan & Cokes for Andy.  He's been putting in 12-hour days and needed a few.  I'm doing my best, Bro!

We came back to the hotel to catch a few NIT games.  It is about bed time.  I stayed up until midnight last night finishing book #3.  I started my fourth book today.  Sandy finished one today and started #2.

The weather was as hot as it has been all week.  We saw 87F today.  Fortunately, the wind has been steady at about 10mph, keeping us cool.  When it does get too hot, we just get up and jump into the pool.  Of course, it is almost mandatory to visit the pool bar when you get wet - at least for me.  Sandy did join me today and I introduced her to the pool bartenders as my daughter (they all know me by name, as if that surprises anyone).

Some pics from today:

The sun setting.  Taken from the deck of Puerto Mudero, Tuesday 3-20-18.


The sun is retired over the horizon.  The moon is now out.
Never did see the Green Flash.  Sorry Cap't Jack Sparrow.

Three quick shots of Sandy at dinner tonight.  No, I am not going to tell you what either of us said.  Tell yourself a story that makes sense to you...remember, I was drinking - she was not.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancun Day 2 - Sunday, March 10

Retirement Party Cancun 2024 - Day 1

Cancun Day 3 - Monday March 11