Cancun Day 5 - Wednesday Mar 21

I forgot to mention last night that while we walked to dinner, we had to cross the 4 lanes of traffic to get to the W side.  During a break, we crossed the first two lanes to the median, which consists of a grass buffer and palm trees.  It seems that we were not expecting to run into water, but that is exactly what we did.  The median was full of water, equating to mud.  It came up OVER our flops.  Sandy got the worst of it.  How could I forget that?  It was humorous to me...

Sandy was up early enough today to get a picture of the sunrise.  See below.  I rolled out at 9.  We hit the sun deck and it was HOT.  The wind has died down, and so even though it was only 83F, it felt a lot hotter.  We did not stay long before hitting the pool to cool off.

We walked over to Paco Taco's for lunch.  I had the Gringa, which is seasoned pork with pineapple.  Sandy ate a burrito.  Both were probably the best lunches we had at Paco's.  We returned to the sun deck and the wind had picked up a bit - making it feel cooler.  I hit the ocean for a while.  Then to the pool for drinks.

We showered and then went shopping for Will.  He has a special request - a blue shark as a "prise" from Grandma and Papaw.  Luckily Sandy thought of the aquarium.  Sure enough, they had blue sharks.  Win!

We taxied back to Casa Rolandi for dinner.  Excellent meals there.  The clouds rolled in and there was not much of a sunset.    The weather report said there would be rain today, but we have not seen any sky moisture at all.

I finished my fourth book today and am now out of new things to read.  I can download more or re-read something I already have.  I'm trying to save the latest Star Wars movie for the flight home.  I may make it, I may not.

Still alive and well and enjoying ourselves in Cancun!


The sun rising over the Gulf of Mexico from our balcony in Cancun, 3-21-18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancun Day 2 - Sunday, March 10

Retirement Party Cancun 2024 - Day 1

Cancun Day 3 - Monday March 11