It's Tuesday - time for a dive!

Just before heading to lunch yesterday, I stopped by the resort dive shop to check on book progress. That is, I was borrowing one of their books to learn the written instructions on becoming open water certified. As luck would have it, my instructor said let's do the pool training now.

So instead of having lunch at Noon, we walked next door at 3 for a snack. I had to demonstrate 18 dive/rescue techniques. This was more in depth than the last time we all went on a dive. The fellow that joined me for the lesson helped slow us down. One hour verbal instruction, 2 hours in the pool. I was a cold prune upon exit. My bride, who continued to sun bathe, was hungry.

Returned to the room for showers and relaxation. Watched some NCAA men's basketball and then hit Tradewinds for Cajun night. Back to the room and in bed by 9. This vacation stuff really wears one out.

Mind you, this dive reading is nothing at all like what brother Trent just had to submit for his doctorate. Five chapters and 100 questions. Easy-peasy.

Been staying in touch via email with folks at home. Sandy's cousin was admitted to Riley Hospital with unknown issues. Keeping her in our prayers. And today is Pa Jerry's birthday. We got him a Gator, so we're still the favorites!

Laughing at the weather back home, as we got none of that. Sandy has been sending nasty emails to her spawn about food, weather, and the likes. One child, any guesses, has not been replying to HIS mother. Keep it up son, and you're liable to get text messages during your beauty sleep.




I'm to get my first of four dives in this morning at 9:30. Second one this afternoon at 1:30. Mama is putting on sunscreen and will hold down a chair by the pool while I'm out.

All from here for now.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Calle Cucumatz, CancĂșn, Mexico

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancun Day 2 - Sunday, March 10

Retirement Party Cancun 2024 - Day 1

Cancun Day 3 - Monday March 11