Cancun 2022 - Day 6 - Thurs Mar 10

 I was up before 7.  I waited for my bride and then we went down for the buffet breakfast.  We have found the bacon to be excellent - for the record.  After breakfast we put on our sunscreen and hit the sundeck by 9:45 am - where we stayed until a late lunch at the pool.  Back to the sundeck by 2.  Stayed there until after 5, actually almost 6.

Back to the room for showers and then we watched some of the men's college basketball games and the Players golf tournament at TPC Sawgrass.  We went down for a buffet dinner at 8.  Late for us, but trendy if you're rich we guessed.  Back to the room for today's selfie and an update to this blog (mainly for Mom - yes, I know you're reading this Barb).  That ends the day today...but, a few funny stories...

Somehow my bride forgot to put sunscreen on her nostrils and burnt the underside of her nose.  Her text to Lesley said her nostrils were "singed."  Not to be outdone, my sunglasses reflected enough light to burn my nose, even though I had SPF 50 on my face.  We make one dragon between us.

Our room is on the 7th floor.  We are in the lobby.  The elevator is above us, let's say on the 8th floor.  We want to go to our room - from the Lobby.  My bride pushes the DOWN button.  I look over and ask, Did you just push the down button?  Yes.  Why?  Because I want the elevator to come down!  Okay.  You're 54 years old.  I do not know in what alternate universe that works for us, but we need to have the UP arrow pushed, please.  Well, it made sense to me, she says.  Mind you now, she's 100% sober.  Under no other influence than Vacation Brain.  I guess we've unplugged enough to forget how elevators work.

Late selfie tonight - after dinner - almost 9 pm.
Compare this to day 1.  We have logged some sun.

This is the first puzzle Sandy has completed this week.
She's really proud!  The box said 4-5 years and she completed it in just 3 days!
It was an 8-piece puzzle.  Shh.  Don't tell her.  Let her live in her glory.

The red nose is me.  The singed nostrils are Sandy.
Complements of Lesley.

More of the same tomorrow!  Good night.






Comments

  1. My husband is a donkey. I may have to cut off his beverages!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cancun Day 2 - Sunday, March 10

Retirement Party Cancun 2024 - Day 1

Cancun Day 3 - Monday March 11