Cancun 2022 - Day 4 - Tuesday Mar 8th

 It's day 3 of our self-imposed quarantine.  It's a tough life here in the Caribbean.  The wind, while slowing, has thankfully continued to blow - keeping the felt temperature tolerable.  It hit 86 F (29.5 C) today.  But as we headed to the sundeck at 0900, the tropic rains hit.  30 mins later, it was full sun, beautiful skies, and awesome sundeck weather - which of course is where we went.

I had attempted to call it a night last evening at 10 pm.  However, having forgotten to take out my contacts and a brief geography lesson on South America (long story, but Sandy thought that Rio was on the southern-most tip of SA.  I, in turn, said Brazil was only a quarter of SA.  Turns out we are both incorrect.  Brazil is 47.3% of SA.  I did know that Rio was about middle on E coast.  Good lessons.) it was 10:30 before I passed out.  I only got 1 nap in yesterday for Pete's sake!  I did stay in bed today until 8.  My bride beat me out of bed this morning - a first on this trip.

We stayed on the sundeck until 11:30.  Changing clothes and grabbing lunch at the Char Hut (poolside restaurant).  Then back to the sundeck - where we stayed until almost 1640.  We returned for showers as we had reservations for Hacienda Sisal - the restaurant here on the resort complex.  Sandy had the Super Burrito (full of all kinds of meat) and I had the seafood enchilada with shrimp and lobster.  Good meal out on the veranda.

I am attempting to finish the sole book I brought down here with me.  Sandy is in the midst of her first of four Disney puzzles she brought along.  If she finishes, we shall post photos.  

I will say that during lunch this early afternoon, Sandy got up to take some photos.  I told her that I would be there holding the table down unless I got a better offer.  She wished me Good Luck!  I found that kinda mean and told her so.  I am not asking your opinon.  I am sure I know where you stand.

We have also found that a round-trip from our room to the sundeck is 0.5 miles (805 metres).  With the rain and all our trips today, we logged over 2.5 miles (4,024 m) which includes 9 flights of stairs down, and 2 flights up on each trip.  What happened to the other 7 flights up?  Elevator!!!

Today's selfie.  You can start to see some sun effects today.

Our dinner view on the veranda


Our view during lunch today.
Look at the gorgeous water and sky!

The sun going down over the lagoon tonight

The ocean & beach today

The same view of the ocean, beach, and sky from the sundeck.
Not sure we can handle another 5 days of this.  Send help!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancun Day 2 - Sunday, March 10

Retirement Party Cancun 2024 - Day 1

Cancun Day 3 - Monday March 11