Cancun 2022 - Day 7 - Friday Mar 11

 Same old thing - different day.  Up by 7:30.  On the sundeck by 9:30.  Lunch at poolside bar.  Back to room at 5.  Showers.  However, when I awoke and fired up this here laptop, the little icon at the bottom that shows home temperature and weather had a little SNOW icon on it.  We can complain all we wish, it ain't snowing in Cancun!

This evening, we walked down to one of our favorite restaurants, La Distilleria, only to find it CLOSED.  According to the guy out front, the owners closed it and are opening a new joint.  The closure happened over a year ago.  I guess that tells you how long it has been since we were in Cancun proper.  Instead we walked down to Puerto Modero, a steak and seafood joint.  We had excellent steaks.

Back to the room to await the start of the Purdue men's basketball game.  It's BigTen tournament time and we will have to go down to the sports bar to watch the game.  I do have my PU shirt on to represent!  Andy, Austin, and Bill got tickets to both of tonight's games, so are actually at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indy watching live & in person.  Maybe we will see them on TV.  They also have tickets to the final game on Sunday.  What a treat!

So the tip of my tongue has been tingling.  I figured it was too much citrus.  Lime in my tea.  Lime in my Cap't Morgan and coke.  Fresh pineapple for breakfast.  However, my bride suggested I actually got it sunburnt during all my nap times - sleeping with my mouth open.  Ok.  Possible.  I never do apply sunscreen to my tongue.  Betting that would not taste very well.

Selfie in the room tonight on the couch.
Part of my redness comes from the chile I had with my steak tonight.
Nick would understand.  Those things pack a whollup!

There was a fireworks show last night.  This is from our balcony, looking S.

This morning, I took this screenshot of my phone looking at our weather conditions here.
Why?  Because it was snowing in Mulberry!

Our view from the pool deck as we ate lunch today.

The sun going down over the lagoon tonight.
Sandy really liked the rays of sun going up above the clouds.

Big orange ball, sinking in the water.
Toes in the sand, couldn't get much hotter.
(ought to be a song)

Horrible to have to eat dinner in such conditions!


And now...off to root Purdue to a big Win!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancun Day 2 - Sunday, March 10

Retirement Party Cancun 2024 - Day 1

Cancun Day 3 - Monday March 11