Cancun - Sunday, OCT 22

 Went to bed last night at 9:30 pm local (2230 home time).  I got up at 8:30 am and Sandy was already up.  We put on sunscreen and headed for the pool.  Greg and Christy met us there and the three of them went to the restaurant for breakfast.  Drinks started being delivered at 11.  We ate lunch at the pool desk restaurant and stayed out until about 1600.  Back to the rooms for football and showers.  Went to dinner at 6:30 pm and then to Greg and Christy’s suite to play bid euchre.  

It is true that the girls won the first game but ONLY because I shot the moon and put us 25 in the hole on the very first hand.  It was risky.  I was missing the other right bower.  High risk - high reward.  And I didn’t get it.  Christy had it protected.  I took 10 and needed 11.  We ended up scoring 55 points but because we were at -25, we lost.  Then, true to form, we won the next two handily.  I think the closest they got was 30 something.  But, the cards were as poor as I have ever seen them.  I’m talking that 4, 5 and 6 bids were the norm.  Rare were the 7, 8 and 9 bids.  Just not there.  Of course I said that we just played our cards better and that’s why the men won!

Screen shot of my phone to show you how much we are suffering down here!

Looking E out over the ocean tonight right before dinner

Sandy’s breakfast - all fruit, no carbs!

Sandy took a photo of the drink menu so she could decide what to order - lush






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancun Day 2 - Sunday, March 10

Retirement Party Cancun 2024 - Day 1

Cancun Day 3 - Monday March 11